CDC Remote Calculator, circa 1965

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Apr 24 11:18:46 CDT 2009

On 24 Apr 2009 at 9:41, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> Sure. But as the real thing doesn't exist anymore this is the closest
> you can get. At least a Cyber 180 is a real computer, no PeeCee. --

A PC isn't a "real" computer?  You're beginning to sound like the old
girlfriend who made fun of my MITS Altair.  The funny thing is that
the Altair was probably as fast as the STAR-1Bs we had at work--or at
least it seemed that way at the time.  Of course the MITS box lacked
the memory and I/O of the 1Bs. OTOH, my MITS box 8080 was about the
same speed as the PPU on a 6000-series system and had about the same
memory.

--Chuck