AppleColor RGB Monitor (IIGS) help?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 13:50:11 CDT 2009

> Most currently available inexpensive DMMs that I've seen have the
> capability to check transistor hFE,  The last freebie I received with

Be careful using that facility. A lot of such meters just inject a
constant small current into the base and measure the collector current.
SOme of the older analogue meters simply connected a resistor from
collector to base to inject the base current and measured the
'resistance' from collector to emitter.

My point is that this will be totally fooled by a leaky transistor.