Xerox 820-II troubleshooting - need advice

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Apr 26 12:21:36 CDT 2009

On 26 Apr 2009 at 17:50, Tony Duell wrote:

> But certainly possible with real computers like PDP8s, PDP11s, PERQs,
> HP9000/200s, machines with HPIB or HPIL ports (+ the right interface
> converter), Commodores (most had user ports IIRC), BBC micros, etc,
> etc, etc

It was meant as a jab to an earlier pro-Mac post about how PC's
aren't "real" computers.

> Alternatively, can't you see if the existing keyboard is sending
> anything using a logic probe?

Both approaches are valid, but I suggested the parallel port because
(1) it's easy to do and (2) if it's the keyboard that's gone south,
one can use the parallel port option to check out the rest of the
machine until the keyboard fault was islolated and repaired.

--Chuck