Shipping Containers (was Re: machine room in a trailer?)

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:09:45 CDT 2009

> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:23:25 -0400
> Subject: Re: Shipping Containers (was Re: machine room in a trailer?)
> From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com
> To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
>
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
>> Unmodified shipping containers are not at all suitable for storage of
>> electronics or paper. Much of the CHAC and Perham Foundation
>> collections were destroyed by storing
>> them in shipping containers and sitting them on the ground in San Jose.
>
> Ow!

Hi
 Don't set them on the ground and I keep some desicent(sp?) inside.
That is what I've done. I have two of those small driers.
I add stuff to them about once every month in the winter.
One could also seal the floor but you still want ventilated air
between the wood floor and the soil.
 I've had it for two winters and not seen any problems yet.
I am in California but it is in the mountains where there is
a lot of rain.
Dwight