IBM RT Mouse Was: IBM RT-PC available

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Dec 15 13:56:01 CST 2009

On 15 Dec 2009 at 17:34, Alexandre Souza - Listas wrote:

> > The IBM RT mouse I have (Part No. OOF2383) is definitly a protocol
> > mouse, as it has a HD63A01XOF processor for two encoders and two
> > buttons (http://electrickery.xs4all.nl/tmp/rt_mouse.JPG). I can
> > check out the wiring and protocol (if not propietary) later.
>
>     Interesting how BIG is the processor used! :oO I'm amazed!

For the time period, perhaps not so big.  It's basically a 6800 with
embedded peripherals (timer, UART, etc.)  Not much different from
today's low-end uC (PIC, 8051, AVR, etc.)  I suspect that a fair
number of those pins are NC in this application.

If you want big, consider the same uC in its DIP incarnation--a 64
pin (0.050 spacing) DIP.  I've got one somewhere.

--Chuck