Coleco Adam name?

Brian Lanning brianlanning at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:38:49 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Christian Liendo
<christian_liendo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> FYI : The unit was called "Adam" because Coleco hoped it would take a "bite" out of Apple (computers). Oh well; it was a cute idea...

Maybe it would have had they not put the power supply in the printer.
I can't imagine an engineer ever thinking that was a good idea.
Sounds like a cost-cutting move forced on the engineers by marketing.
Is a power brick really so bad?  You could even daisy-chain the
devices together and run them off of one power brick if you had to.

Oh, then there was that thing about the tape drive wiping out tapes
when they were left in the drive when the power was switched off (or
was it on?).

brian