Coleco Adam name?

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 29 18:41:51 CST 2009

Contrary to popular opinion, I actually think this was a smart idea. Here's why:

While it is true that if the printer PS dies, the computer isn't usable, putting the PS for the system in the printer actually simplified the wiring of the unit. It only required one AC connection for the whole thing, one wire going from the printer to the computer, and one wire to the keyboard. The whole system was designed with the idea of making things simple for non-techies to use. So, in that respect, I think it was a good idea.