720RPM 3.5" FDDs?

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 13:35:45 CST 2009

Dan Gahlinger wrote:
> would this in any way to be related to the IBM PC 'ED' disks?
> the 2.1MB floppies that were out for a while?
> I have some floppies of that format, not totally sure if I still have the drive though.

2.88MB, acording to the label on the eject button of my PS/2 Model 77 :)
I have about 10 of the disks that I got when work where throwing them
out, I grabbed them as I could make use of them.

IIRC there is also a series of floppy controlers for the Sinclair QL
that can format these disks to 3.2MB.

Cheers.

Phill.