Modules for LINC-8

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 00:50:49 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Pontus <pontus at update.uu.se> wrote:
> William Donzelli wrote:
>>> I do need your help for the purpose of the restoration of a LINC-8, Serial#
>>> 4. This systems is not my own property but is belonging to the Museum of the
>>> University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Bavaria.
>>
>> I have a gutted LINC-8 as well, and also need buckets of modules.
>> Luckily the core stack remains.
>
> I believe that only 130 (or so) LINC-8's were made.

Was it really that few?  I know that some of the older 12-bit machines
were made in small quantities (like ~1000 -8/Ses), but I had no idea
that one could count LINC-8s in dozens.

> With your three machines I know of four survivors :) And have a hunch
> were there are at least one more.

Are you including the ones that Charlie Lasner has?

<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sys.pdp8/browse_thread/thread/7f41af3087b0f15c/f40bf5d37d3f0720?lnk=raot>

I visited him about 15 years ago and saw at least one of them, along
with a whole lot of other stuff I'd never seen anywhere else (and I
own several intact R-series-logic machines - sorry... no pile of
module spares; I wish I did have extras).

-ethan