Anyone have a line on batteries...

Scanning steven.alan.canning at verizon.net
Sat Feb 7 22:46:32 CST 2009

Local store ( Ford Electronics, Southern CA ) has " D " size rechargeable
batteries with tabs spot welded on either end, 4.5 AmpHour for $10 .
Shipping might be a deal breaker... I've used the " C " and " AA " sizes to
replace dead cells in battery packs by solder the new tabs to the old tabs
of  the cells surgically removed.

Best regards, Steven