Archiving 8" RT-11 floppies to CD-ROM?

David Betz dbetz at xlisper.com
Tue Feb 24 14:04:39 CST 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 2:57 PM, Ian King wrote:

> I've developed a procedure for this.  It's a bit roundabout but it
> uses easily available tools.
>
> Tools needed:
> - PDP-11 running RT-11, with an extra serial line (SLUx)

I guess I'd add to this list that the PDP-11 must have a drive that
can read the media to be archived! :-)

The reason I'm asking for help is that I fail on the first
requirement. I don't have a PDP-11 of any sort as I've given away all
that I had to members of this list. At the time I gave them away, I
didn't know about this stash of RT-11 disks. If I had known of it, I
would have done this myself before giving away the required equipment.
So, I'm asking for help from someone who *does* have a PDP-11 with an
RX01 or RX02 drive.