Archiving 8" RT-11 floppies to CD-ROM?

F.J. Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 26 10:14:38 CST 2009

Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM, F.J. Kraan <fjkraan at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> Just recently I was able to read my MiniMINC (a PDT-150) floppies with an 8"
>> drive connected to an AHA1542B (capable of single density) with Dave
>> Dunfields ImageDisk.
>>

> Good to know.  I have at least one 1542B running around, and an old
> DOS box I can use to stuff it all into.
>
> What 8" floppy did you use?  I think I have a Tandon one (TM848?) I
> can borrow from a non-DEC Qbus box.

The drive is a NEC 1165, very flexible. It allowed me to write to a disk
with only the wrong index hole, so the MiniMINC wouldn't see it. Writing
RT-11 V3b to the right disk it booted . So writing with this setup is
also possible. The 5 1/4" to 8" interface can the one from Dave Dunfield
or the CP/M faq.

I will try it with a Catweasel one day, but the current setup seems more
common, and a MiniMINC doesn't do RX02 anyhow :-).

Would posting an URL with the images of the disks be ok?

Fred Jan