YouTube video to repair screen rot

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Feb 28 23:42:34 CST 2009

On 28 Feb 2009 at 20:18, eric wrote:

> So I rummaged into my two ADM-3As, and they both have the common "Ball" CRT.

That's "Ball" as in the Ball Brothers:  Edmund, Frank, George, Lucius
and William.  Founded in 1880, makers of canning jars known the world
over--that business got spun off in 1993 and the famous Mason-style
jars are now made by the Jarden Corp, but the products still carry
the famous Ball trademark.

Ball still manufactures cans and other packaging and in addition, has
a subsidiary Ball Aerospace (started as Ball Research in 1956),
whence came the OEM monitor kits.

A friend worked for the Ball Research during the 1970s and received a
box of Ball jars every Christmas.

Fascinating old American business, Ball.

--Chuck