Video pinouts for Sony SMC-70G

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 12:29:44 CST 2009

it don't got MSX roms, no.

--- On Sat, 1/3/09, Cameron Kaiser <spectre at floodgap.com> wrote:

From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre at floodgap.com>
Subject: Re: Video pinouts for Sony SMC-70G
To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
Date: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 10:50 AM

> > Just acquired one of these bad boys and I've found very little info on
> > it -- it appears to have two video out connectors -- a 25-pin D-sub
> > labeled "RGB Multi Out" and an 8-pin DIN labeled "B/W Multi Out."
> > Anyone know the pinouts of these?  Any ideas what kind of monitor I can
> > expect to use with this machine?
>
>     Interesting machine...looks like a MSX compatible! What sound/video
> processor it uses?

It isn't, I'm pretty sure. I don't know a great deal about it, but I saw
one at VCF East and the exhibitor made pains to point out it is NOT one of
the Sony HitBit-type machines (which are their nominal MSX compatiboxen).

-- If you want divine justice, die. -- Nick Seldon ----------------------------