Lifting heavy rack-mount gear (was Re: PDP-8/e rack questions)

Steve Maddison steve at cosam.org
Tue Jan 6 05:07:36 CST 2009

2009/1/6 Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>:
> On Jan 5, 2009, at 5:37 PM, Henk Gooijen wrote:
>> That is how my TU56 is hung in the H960 rack. You need help to
>> mount the TU56. I did it alone, and remember that is was heavy
>> to do on my own, hanging the TU56 in the 5th 10.5" position,
>> counting from the bottom :-)
>
>  I did mine alone as well.  It is definitely a very heavy machine.  I had
> back pains for days after doing that.

Probably hard to justify the cost for occasional use, but I'd really
like to get one of these before I do myself any permanent damage:

  http://www.edmolift.co.uk/lift_trolleys.htm [link to random supplier
of lift trolleys]

I reckon you could slide out your kit, then pump that thing up
underneath before undoing the screws. Replacement is the reverse of
the removal procedure, as they say.

--
Steve Maddison
http://www.cosam.org/