Arcades becoming extinct..

Keith keithvz at verizon.net
Sat Jan 10 11:28:34 CST 2009

Dan Roganti wrote:

> The arcades of today may be disappearing, but the arcades of yesterday
> are actually on the rise. We have 3 here already in Pittsburgh with a
> lot of the original arcades, digital _and_mechanical, including
> pinballs, bowlers, baseball and shooting arcades. There's a few cities
> with some more, I haven't cataloged them all yet.

Did you have a list of those arcades in Pittsburgh on your website?  I
couldn't find them.

I grew up in Pittsburgh with my parents taking us kids to the arcades,
hanging out in arcades at night as a teenager, and so on.

Maybe Dave and Busters qualifies as an arcade --- but I like the the old
school retro games myself.  (of which they have a few)

> =Dan
>
> [ = http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/   ]

Hey, btw, I'm glad to see some of the various initiatives that you
run/are involved with in Pittsburgh.  Like the robotics club, vintage
computer stuff, etc etc. Good job.