How to tell differential scsi drives and cards apart

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 21:40:16 CST 2009

Teo Zenios wrote:
> Is there an easy way to tell if a SCSI controller or HD is LVD or HVD?

Has it got an external connector? If so it should have the appropriate symbol
next to it for the bus type - if you scroll to the bottom of the following
page then there's a quick overview of the symbols:

   http://scsifaq.paralan.com/scsifaqanswers4.html

> I have some SUN Symbios 22802 cards coming in I wanted to use in a SUN
> Ultra Sparc 5 and I think those are HVD (advertised as just differential
> and I didn't think to cross check). Everything I have is SE/LVD.

I think there are converters to be purchased, but of course it's a
convenience/money equation...

(if none of that makes sense, blame the red wine)

cheers

Jules