XKL TOAD

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:13:54 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Seth Morabito wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr.
>> <rescue at hawkmountain.net> wrote:
>>

>>> I think that my TOPS-10/TOPS-20 fix will likely have to come from
>>> emulation.
>>
>> I thoroughly recommend KLH10 and the Panda Display Panel:
>>
>> http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/Panda.htm
>>
>> It's easy to assemble, and will provide hours of enjoyment for you and
>> your family!

Agreed.  I have one.  I love it.  I should get some pictures of mine.
I spent a bunch of time working on the blank plate, the spacers, etc.,
and it all fits together wonderfully (as with most STG products, I
just bought bare boards).

> Are they available again?

They were last year.  Not sure about today.  I burn my own GALs and
have a pile of generic components, so I don't usually shop for "full
kits".

>> Of course, it only emulates a DECsystem 20 running TOPS-20, so your
>> TOPS-10 fix will have to come elsewhere.
>
> I don't know about the Panda Display Panel, but KLH10 emulates either a KS10
> or a KL10B, and will run ITS, TOPS-10, and TOPS-20.

The display panel works with KLH10, but there is a necessary 36-bit
software component to fiddle all the lights.  I know it exists for
TOPS-20.  I have no knowledge of it for other 36-bit OSes.

-ethan