Content rights

Bob Bradlee caveguy at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 15 10:48:32 CST 2009

The question of streaming or distributing ones own or licences content is not a question here.
Nor is the greay areas surrounding our hobby is under discussion.

Please understand, some of us on this list are very sensitive about licensing, ask anyone in the Broadcast
industry, they will tell you there is no such thing as Free Broadcasting someone is always paying the cost.
Content producers and broadcasters truely dont care about personal use or "low power" attempts at
shareing content, but you do not want to tangle with their lawyers over distribution rights and be wrong!

Word of warning, do not leave a back door open to the public internet or the "Bots" WILL find it,
and there are Vampire lawyers out there who feast on Bots droppings, leaving their prey very much
weeker.

Contact me off list if you want a more detailed example or three :)
But Lets end it here, please .....

The other Bob