XKL TOAD

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 13:27:32 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Gordon JC Pearce MM3YEQ
<gordonjcp at gjcp.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 15:19 -0500, Ethan Dicks wrote:
>
>> That and I don't have adequate electric service to the place without
>> upgrading the pole.  I've got 100A for the house and quonset hut
>> *combined*.
>
> 24kW should be enough for anyone ;-)
>
> Of course, if you're in one of these funny 110V countries, that's only
> 11kW in which case my electric shower will eat most of that.

Um... yeah... 11kW, not 24kW.  I'm in the U.S.

Fortunately I have a gas stove and gas heat and gas hot water, but the
oven is electric, and so is the dryer.

The quonset hut presently has a 30A breaker at the disconnect at the
pole.  I can run a couple of items at once (say an 11/750 and disk),
but I'd rather not be out there replacing cartridge fuses on a regular
basis.

-ethan