Printer ribbons

Richard Lynch richardlynch3 at tx.rr.com
Sat Jan 17 08:29:56 CST 2009

On 1/17/09 1:33 AM, "Ian King" <IanK at vulcan.com> wrote:

> When I acquired my PDP-11/34, I also received a Centronics 503 printer, along
> with an entire case of ribbons for said printer.  They have a part number of
> 63002293-5001.  It's a black nylon ribbon on two spools.  These are NOS.  I
> haven't been able to identify anything that uses them - and I mean anything,
> because I can't find anything on the Web about the Centronics 503, either.
>
> Does anyone have any leads on this?  I'd like to find that these ribbons are
> worth something to someone, because I'll never use more than a few in my
> lifetime but I don't want to just trash them.  Thanks -- Ian

It could be a standard spool ribbon type used by printers, old typewriters,
and more importantly for this list - teletypes.  What is the diameter of the
spools, and does it look like this:

http://mytypewriter.com/ProductImages/B65_B76_M.jpg

I would definitely be interested in some extras for my ASR-33.
Richard