SB11

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Tue Jan 20 17:37:19 CST 2009

On 20/01/2009 20:28, Francesca C. Smith wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 January 2009 15:15:57 Francesca C. Smith wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I should have done the "Smart" thing and looked up BA11-VA on the google :-)
>
> I see its a cute lil expansion box as I kinda though.

Not really -- it's a tabletop CPU/system box sold for OEM use -- in
other words a standalone unit you'd build a small system, such as a
process controller, into.  It has a 2 x 2 backplane, arranged serpentine
style, so you could put up to four dual-height cards in it.  It has one
gotcha -- no line-time clock.

http://www.dunnington.u-net.com/public/PDP-11/QBus_chassis

I don't think your monitor unit was ever meant for rack mounting,
either.  Apart from having no obvious mounting points for rails, the
power inlet and switch would be inside and facing the side of the rack
if the CRT were facing out the front.  I expect it's a tabletop unit, or
was mounted inside something else.  Which is not to say it might not
have once sat on a shelf in a rack, of course.

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager