Thrift store score: HP LJ4L

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Sun Jan 25 10:15:10 CST 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> After years of looking at an HP LJ4L I got at the Uni surplus that
> someone had removed the fuser from, I found a nearly-unused 4L at the
> nearby thrift store yesterday.  It printed the test page without a
> burp, but was on the shelf without a price.  I found someone to get it
> priced and walked out a happy customer $6 later.

    I had pretty much given up on finding interesting vintage electronics
at Goodwill, but I also made a good score last summer: a Data General
LDM-800 line matrix printer for $4.95 (half-price day).  There's not a
thing wrong with it, after a couple of alignment procedures.  They
actually had two of them, but I only had room for one.  :-)

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Old Technology	http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/