Thrift store score: HP LJ4L

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 15:45:35 CST 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Tom Peters <tpeters at mixcom.com> wrote:
> At 11:07 AM 1/25/2009 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>> After years of looking at an HP LJ4L I got at the Uni surplus that
>> someone had removed the fuser from, I found a nearly-unused 4L at the
>
> This is valuable? My HP 4L is still in active use!

If it's still usable, I would say it has value, but is not perhaps
"valuable" as in worth a lot of money.

I was just bummed about that Uni 4L because I _thought_  was getting
an inexpensive laser printer, but instead, I got 90% of a laser
printer and was figuring I'd have to spend twice as much as the
printer cost to get the one part I needed to get it working again.

I consider $10 laser printers lacking an ethernet port a reasonable value.

-ethan