SC/MP 8073 addressing query

Doug Jackson doug at stillhq.com
Mon Jan 26 04:29:55 CST 2009

Problem Solved!!!!!

I just thought I would drop a message onto the list, so it is
appropriately archived.

The root cause of my problem was a sloppy clock.  All of the sample
schematics showed a crystal in parallel with 100K, in series with 1k,
with 27pF to ground.  In a private email, Chris Elmquist provided the
actual 8073 data sheet, and there was a tiny little note indicating a
process change to XMOS, from NMOS, requiring that the 1k be dropped to
220R, and the 27pF cap be changed to 130pF.  In short, I made those
simple changes, and the clock looked *much* nicer, and the board sprang
into life.

So, in short, there are no problems with having an address conflict with
low memory, a 62256 (32k x 8 RAM) can simply be selected using A15 as
the CS* signal.

Thanks everybody for the assistance, it has been very helpful.   Ta
muchly!!!!!!   By the way, my daughter thinks I am mad, what with 28K or
RAM...

Doug