Repair of damaged/corroded gold connector 'fingers'?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jan 29 03:11:49 CST 2009

On 29 Jan 2009 at 5:07, Alexandre Souza wrote:

> > Yes, there is a way to refurb the plating.  See:
> > http://caswellplating.com/kits/plugnplate.htm
> > Small, fairly inexpensive kits for brush plating.
>
>     This is great, but the current applied may not be good for the
> integrated circuits on board...

The way this thing works is that the surface to be plated is
connected to the negative side of the low-voltage supply and the
brush/cathode is connected to the positive side.  I'd probably tack a
thin wire (or use some conductive ink) across the entire span of
contacts for the plating process and then remove it when finished.
There should be no appreciable current induced in any circuit
element.

Pretty much any other process is going to remove some of the copper
contacts.  One could even use electroplating to build up the copper
on the contacts before electroplating a noble metal.

Cheers,
Chuck