EPROM erase times and lifespan

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:36:55 CST 2009

Tony Duell wrote:
> th return ot the 'intellegent' EPROM ereaser, my worried is that do we
> _know_ that the rest of the chip (addresss decoder, sense amplifiers,
> etc) will work correcting when irradiated with short-wavelength UV? In
> other words is the readout of the chip even meaningful under such conditions?

Can I nip this one in the bud and state that I was thinking of some for of
intelligent programmer which turned the lamp off before doing a blank check?

But having said that, the comment made about heat from the lamp operation is a
good one - I suspect that would mean that there's a potential for damage if
the device was read without letting it cool properly first.

cheers

Jules