RSTS-11 distribution?

Barry Moyer Barry.Moyer at pason.com
Mon Jul 13 13:39:05 CDT 2009

I would be most grateful for any RSTS-11 version V4 or earlier.  The
RSTSV4A disk at rsts.org does work, but I am after a distribution to
construct an equivalent.

I have located tape image files that should contain the distribution,
but the tapes are not directly bootable, and I don't know how to get
them to play nice with E11 or simh (I have tried both).  Once I get a
prepared Rk05 disk under the simulators, I can get the disk image onto
the real disk.

As I mentioned, I want to learn the black art of running my old machine
using the distributions that were from the same era (1970 - 1974).

Thanks!