VT420s, 80 meg packs

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Jul 23 21:23:50 CDT 2009

At 9:33 PM -0400 7/23/09, Ethan Dicks wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 9:27 PM, William Donzelli<wdonzelli at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Is there any serious interest here for DEC VT420s? I have a large pile
>>  of them now, and am wondering if they are worth refurbing, or if I
>>  should just scrap them out.
>
>Let me know what you find - I still have access to a small pile of
>(dirty but working) VT220s that failed to garner any interest when I
>mentioned them a few weeks ago.

Personally I'm not interested in VT220's.  I would be in VT420's *IF*
they were local to me.  I've quite a few DEC terminals, and of the
ones I have the VT420's are my favorite.  What I really want is a
VT525 (the one that looks like a DEC Multia, and plugs into a VGA
monitor), or the VT340+ (I think that's right).  Not that I'm in the
position to get any at the moment.

Zane