plain perfboard

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Mon Jun 1 12:11:03 CDT 2009

On Jun 1, 2009, at 2:53 AM, David Griffith wrote:

> It seemed to me that Radio Shack stopped selling plain perfboard a

> year or two ago.  Yet a couple days ago, I found lots of it at the one

> a few blocks from my house.  Anyone else know anything about this?

> Solder-ringed perfboard is good for stuff, but I find plain perfboard

> nice for building up stuff that's not necessarily a circuit.

A couple years ago I gave up on perfboard for prototyping and now largely do prototyping "dead bug" on unetched printed circuit board.

Or, sometimes courtesy of a big knife, unetched PCB with busses cut into it.

Google "dead bug" prototyping for some good examples. It is in every way superior to using perfboard. Even what I once thought were problem cases are not actually problems: dual-row headers work great with dead bug, as long as most or all the pins on one side are at ground (long the convention among any rational uses.)

Tim.