VT52 emulator (was: Fw: Still Falling for Tetris, 25 Years After Its Birth )

Alexander Voropay alec at sensi.org
Wed Jun 3 16:50:40 CDT 2009

2009/6/3 Richard <legalize at xmission.com>:
>> Original Tetris requires 0177 character to be BLOCK to draw.
>
> Interesting!  Most stuff is OK with VT100 instead of VT52.

This TETRIS.SAV and many other soviet RT-11 games used
hardcoded VT-52 sequences for cursor movement and positioning,
i.e. "short" ESC "A" instead of ESC "[" "A" e.t.c.

 I've tried alot of VT-52/telnet emulators, it's awful. The one of the
best is a M$ HyperTerm (sic!) in VT-52 mode.

 Electronica-60 was equipped with 15-IE-00-013 videoterminal
(not sure about origins, maybe Tectronix clone ?). It had rather
similar VT-52 sequences (K52.SAV worked w/o any problems).
Also it had Cyrillic charset swithable via SI/SO ASCII control
codes. The 0177 character was a 6x8 block.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elektronika_60
and ru. interwiki

Videoterminal:
http://www.leningrad.su/museum/show_calc.php?n=283

I've put my collection of the soviet RT-11 games here:
http://www.nwpi.ru/~alec/SIMH/

To run this games you need working SIMH and RT-11.

./pdp11

PDP-11 simulator V3.8-0
sim> attach rl0 rtv53_rl.dsk
sim> attach rl1 games.dsk