UNIX on PDP-11s (was Re: PDP 11/73 on the Internet)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jun 4 15:29:33 CDT 2009

On Jun 4, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
>>  Wasn't the MSCP driver backported from 2.11BSD to something
>> earlier?  Hmm,
>> come to think of it, I think that was 2.9BSD, not V7.
>
> Yes.  The MSCP driver was backported to 2.9BSD from 2.11BSD.  I have
> yet to give that a try, but I'm looking forward to it when I have time
> to get back to that corner of the basement.

   Ahh yes, I thought I had seen something about that.  Cool.

>>  Hmm, MSCP on my PDP-11/24. 8-)
>
> Yep.  I have at least one UDA50 and more than one SDI disk.  :-)

   Yummy. :-)  I am looking for a (nearby) RA60, as I like them, and
I have a number of packs.  I had one about ten years ago, but I gave
it away.  It was in pretty bad shape and I don't know if it even worked.

   So if anyone in Florida or perhaps Georgia has an RA60 that they
want gone, please let me know. :)

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire