Altos 686

mike ingram ingrammp at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 5 19:29:16 CDT 2009

Hi Sergio

Uh...   never mind the tarball stuff....  Dave has the files on his
site all arranged in their separate disks... some were sent by me and
some by another user.

He also has a program that will allow you to create floppies on a PC
type machine,,,, So, one takes these IMD images ( they are actually
images of separate floppy disks )..    and burns floppies and then
the Altos can read those floppies.   His site is:

    www.classiccmp.org/dunfield

Easiest method it to get the IMD program, those files, and a stack of
floppies, then find a PC with a 5 1/2 floppy drive, and have at it
for a bit.    Then you go to the Altos and you should be able to read
the files right there.

Yes, you could use "cu" to get the IMD images over, but then you'd
still have the problem of how to decode the IMD images, and some of
the files weren't even unix files ( like the MP/M operating system
and the ADX Diagnostic disk )..

Hope it helps

Mike