PDP 11/73 on the Internet

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jun 7 13:30:08 CDT 2009

On Jun 7, 2009, at 4:55 AM, Eric Smith wrote:
>>   Yebbut...RT-11 doesn't really do a whole lot. ;)
>
> Sometimes that's a virtue.

   Yes, I agree.  I'm just a fan of multiuser/multitasking operating
systems.  I'm aware of foreground/background, but I like to be able
to do things like stick compilations in the background, etc. on
occasion.

>> I'm a RSTS/E and RSX-11 man.
>
> I don't have much RSX-11 experience, but I definitely like RSTS/E.

   RSX-11 is very nice too.  I'm amazed at how powerful it can be
while being so compact.  I think RSTS/E is probably my favorite, though.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL