Oddest mismatch in hardware for a given purpose...

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Wed Jun 10 08:33:52 CDT 2009

Josh writes:

Ø  the processor in the MK-85

Ø  is a Russian PDP-11 knockoff.  It's not a power-efficient CPU by any

Ø  means,

The joke in the cold war era was this:

A Russian scientist shows up at a international conference with his amazing whiz-bang wrist computer.
It has word processing, E-mail, advanced calculations, etc., all built-in. Every attendee comes by and
Expresses complete amazement.

At the end of the day when it's time to pack up, the Russian scientist asks "could someone help
Me with my suitcase?"  One, two, three others come to help him but are barely able to move
The suitcase. They ask "what do you have in here that could be so heavy?"
The answer: "It's the power supply for my wrist computer".

Tim.