the grumpiness of old age [was RE: the arrogance of youth [was RE: UNIX V7]]

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 21:17:21 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Rich Alderson<RichA at vulcan.com> wrote:
> [...]

No sweat... well actually I just got back from the gym so there's a
lot of sweat, but you get the drift. I'm so used to the Internet that
the idea of someone apologizing blows me away :) I in turn am sorry
for making the kinda jerkish reply--I hadn't seen the thread about the
Toad-1, so I didn't get the connection.

It's pretty cool to hear that TOPS-20 is still out there. Is it the
kind of thing where you can just hit the OS through a serial port, or
is it all tucked away carefully behind a lot of special user
interface? I like the OS, but Plan 9 keeps me busy... too bad that
either way I couldn't afford one of those boxes.

John
--
"I've tried programming Ruby on Rails, following TechCrunch in my RSS
reader, and drinking absinthe. It doesn't work. I'm going back to C,