the arrogance of youth [was RE: UNIX V7]

bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Thu Jun 11 21:33:21 CDT 2009

David Betz wrote:

> Interesting. I don't suppose their PDP-10 chips are available for
> purchase separately? Maybe we could get Bob Armstrong of SparetimeGizmos
> to build a PDP-10 kit!

I shutter at the price of said chips ... I'll take a kit too.  PS  Mark me down
for a front
panel kit as well.  Hey I can dream.
Ben.
PS:
I wonder how fast  Bob's terminal could emulate a PDP 10, assuming the CPU
can handle the memory needed - rom & ram. I PDP 11 would be more practical
how ever. It would also make a nice 'BABY' emulator too .... the VGA is now
your Memory CRT's as in the original machine.