cleaning momentary push button switches

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Jun 14 16:55:02 CDT 2009

On 13 Jun 2009 at 19:59, Brent Hilpert wrote:

> You can have some of mine. No please, take all of it.
> I have two of those old brass hand-pump-style fire extinguishers still
> filled with the stuff.

I'd probably take you up on the offer, except that I suspect that
it's probably illegal to transport the stuff across state boundaries
now...

It used to be popular as a spot remover--apparently, that's what
caused it to get banned--the fumes are pretty toxic when it's used in
unventilated environments.  it was the solvent of choice for cleaning
up noisy volume controls.

There used to be (and may still be) a chemistry 101 demonstration
where a mixture of carbon tet and carbon disulfide is ignited and the
teacher calmly dips his hand in the flaming liquid without getting
burned.

--Chuck