Intersil EPROM

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Jun 14 18:50:55 CDT 2009

On 14 Jun 2009 at 16:27, Scanning wrote:

> If  it is to fix the equipment, I would suggest using a 27C16 and make
> the necessary pin adjustments in a homemade carrier ( two 24 pin
> sockets plugged into each other with the necessary pinout adjustments,
> i.e. unnecessary address pins tied to ground, etc... ). Looks like a
> standard JEDEC pinout.

Can one operate a 2716 with +10 volts for Vcc?  The datasheet seems
to say that the limit for Vcc on the Inmos part is +11v/(10v
nominal).

This is really odd as I was cleaning out some stuff the other day and
I came across three big 3-ring binders from about 1990 titled "The
Modern IC Databook" from WEKA.  It was a subscription service where
updates would be sent out monthly and you'd go through the hell of
"Remove page A-324 and substitute pages A-324 and A324a..."
Included was a service for reseraching unknown ICs--just give them a
call and get a FAX a few days later.

At any rate, I was leafing through the "Memory" section and came
across the aforementioned CMOS EPROMs.  My reaction was "Why, in
1991, would anyone even care about such antiquated parts?"  I guess
Will answered that one.

--Chuck