Intersil EPROM

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 09:10:39 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:42 AM,
Scanning<steven.alan.canning at verizon.net> wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> You are correct sir. I had forgotten about the dark ages of 4000 Series 10
> Volt Bulk CMOS. It's all coming back to me now, the night sweats and the
> flashbacks....  I think I even have a 10 Volt CDP1802 lurking in a drawer
> somewhere...

I have one 1802D in a ceramic package.  ISTR it will push to 10V
(which is required to take it much above 1MHz).

> I've been looking for another 10 Volt CMOS EPROM without any luck. Looks
> like building a programmer for the parts he has might be the best approach.
> If we knew the source for the EPROM data we might be able to kludge up a
> Willem ( sp? ) programmer to program a part....

You don't have to program a CMOS EPROM at 10V Vcc to use it at 10V
Vcc.  It's not 10V *only*, it should take any voltage in a wide range
(the exact min and max Vcc depends on exactly what family the part is
from, but 3V-15V is common).

Why wouldn't a 27C64 work?  (admittedly, I don't have the data sheet
in front of me).  You'd have to make a pin swabber for the destination
machine, but electrically, it's a "C" part, not an "HCT", so I'd
expect it to work at 10V, but the datasheet will say for sure.

-ethan