Any PACE users out there?

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Wed Jun 17 19:21:41 CDT 2009

Alexandre Souza wrote:
>    I'd **love** to have one of these, principally FREE :o)

One problem with taking advantage of a PACE chip (free or otherwise) is
that the I/O pads aren't compatible with TTL, or with much of anything
else either.  The specs are very strange.  National made some buffer and
transceiver chips designed to work with it, but of course they are even
more like unobtanium these days than the PACE itself.  I suspect that
the easiest thing to interface to it nowdays would be CD4000B series
CMOS logic, which is extremely slow, but then so is the PACE.

The later INS8900, which was basically an NMOS version of the PACE, had
more conventional I/O pads so it was easier to interface.

Eric