Hardware Hobbyists vs. Emulator Enthusiasts vs Replica Recreators

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 14:19:06 CDT 2009

> I have taken exception to the anti-emulator sentiment, but that does not

What anti-emulator sentiment? I can't find anything in this thread that
claims that emulators are Bad Thing (or equivalent).

The strongest is probably my statement that _I_ am not interested in
emulators myself. Note I didn't say I didn't approve of people writing or
using emulators, that I thought emualtors were ruining the hobby, or
anything like that. Just that it's not my interest.

I probalby won't get involved int threads on emulators, not because of
any dislike of them, but simply because I have no knowledge of specific
issues, and will leave the answers to those that do.

If I anjoy looking at schematics for machines with several hundred (or
more) chips, and probing around with a 'scope or logic analyser, that's
my business. It's not harming anyone else. Similarly, if you prefer to
run an emulator on the sort of machine I'd not want to own, that's your
business. It's not harming anyone, it's certain;y not harming me.

There are many aspects to this hobby, and I don't think anyone can be
interested in them all. Let's just get on with the bits that interest us...