YouTube video to repair screen rot

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Mar 1 11:38:20 CST 2009

On 1 Mar 2009 at 10:33, Bob Bradlee wrote:

> Yet, in the mid 60's the town dump was full of them and they provided
> great entertainment to the nerds of the day who knew when and how
> to get in and be ignored at the dump.

We used to dispose of the old unlaminated TV CRTs by placing them in
a large metal trashcan, face down, and tapping the very end of the
neck with a hammer.  If you were lucky, you knocked a tip off the
evacuation stem and the vacuum was relieved with a long hiss.  If you
were unlucky, the thing imploded.

But yeah, I remember the kids in the alleyways using the tubes for
batting practice...

Cheers,
Chuck