is it possible to rebuild old c64 hardware enhancements?

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Thu Mar 5 17:25:02 CST 2009

Keith wrote:
> Dan Gahlinger wrote:
>
>> I remember the "super card" had many different things, like a "ram
>> card" that went inside the 1541 drive.
>>
>> is it possible to recreate these things? (I dont have any hardware
>> any more)
>>
>> Dan.
>
> Dan,
>
> Yes, it's absolutely possible.
>
> As a matter of fact I sort of get my rocks off on using the latest
> brand new technology to solve old school problems.  The solutions are
> often smaller, faster, better, etc.  I've done some work on some Amiga
> related stuff and doing this is a lot of fun.
>
> Keith
In some respects, it's required, as the old technology disappears or
becomes hard to use.  I've done a few such projects for the C64:

C=Key: A converter that allows one to use PS/2 keyboards (including the
much loved Model M) on your C64/128/VIC/etc.
uIEC: Use CF and/or SD cards as drives on your CBM machine.

Jim

--
Jim Brain, Brain Innovations                                      (X)
brain at jbrain.com
Dabbling in WWW, Embedded Systems, Old CBM computers, and Good Times!
Home: http://www.jbrain.com