Not abandoned, but...

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Fri Mar 6 00:38:12 CST 2009

One of the things that I'd have liked to do with my Osborne Executive is to
put double-sided drives into it.  That single-sided nonsense was always an
irritation.  :-)

The problem with this is that I don't know if there is a "standard" format for
this.  Maybe what the O-3 (Vixen?) used,  perhaps?  I know that had DS drives
in it.

One thing I'd need even if I dropped a couple of DS drives in there is to be
able to format DS disks.  Which means I'd need source code for their
formatting utility.

Does anybody know what happened to this stuff when Osborne went under?  Who
bought that stuff up?  Where such source might be found?  Or if it even
exists?

-
M Dakin