Soldering to batteries - a word of warning...

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Tue Mar 10 01:10:14 CDT 2009

> Opening the cartridge revealed the problem. The battery (a solder-tab style
> CR2032) was actually good, but the positive terminal 'tab' had come off.
> The spot-welds just let go. It must have been poorly made, and then got
> dropped at some point. I don't have a replacement battery with solder tabs,
> nor do I have a way to get one quickly. But, this seems simple enough, I'll
> just solder the tab back on.

I've *never* thought this to be a good idea.  I will either get one with the
tabs on it,  or put a holder in there,  or make some other arrangement...

Lots of the musical gear I used to work on for a living had such batteries in
it.  And they needed to be replaced after a while.  I'd usually put a holder
in there,  if at all possible,  and get some happier customers in the
process.  :-)

-
M Dakin