CompuPro CPU-68000

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Fri Mar 20 16:57:48 CDT 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Michael Hart wrote:

> I am not some much as a collector of these old systems as I am a user.

> Any board I have I actually use for something. Nothing sits around
> collecting dust.
>
> I have actually been know to give away boards I don't physically use.
> Actually I just gave away 60 lbs box of boards and misc parts. So these
> days I have exactly the boards I use along with a large collection of IC
> to fix the boards.
>
> Remember a persons becomes someone else's junk when you past away. So I
> am a minimalist if it is not used regularly, out the door it goes
>
> Now that you mentioned I think I may revisit making a 16MB board for the
> S100 bus for my upcoming LINUX port. The amount of headache I am having
> getting what I want is becoming a bit too much.

Think about it this way: the act of designing and producing your own
memory board will be good experience to cite when shopping a resume
around.  If you start with a prototyping S100 board to get all the live
testing done, then you probably won't need to make more than one or two
PCB prototypes.  Furthermore, check out sparkfun.com for their
batchpcb.com service.  The turnaround time is long, but it's cheap.  They
don't do gold fingers though.

Wasn't someone talking about making S100 prototype cards some time ago?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu