cctalk Digest, Vol 67, Issue 44

paulrsm at buckeye-express.com paulrsm at buckeye-express.com
Wed Mar 25 09:42:33 CDT 2009

From: Brian Lanning <brianlanning at gmail.com>
Subject: apple 2e bin file source
> I'd like to do the same for the apple 2e, but I can't find bin files
> anywhere.  The usual torrent sites are full of amiga and c64 software,
> but not apple 2e.  Does anyone have a source for these files?  I
> especially need the appledos 3.3 and/or prodos disks.  Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by BIN files.  Apple II software is
usually distributed as disk images that can be use in an
emulator or transferred to real diskettes.  The files are so
small (an Apple II disk is 140KB) that bittorrent is not used.

See disk images at ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/
See the FAQ at http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/A2FAQs1START.html

--
Paul R. Santa-Maria
Maumee, Ohio USA