I [don't] hate E-Bay (was Cromemco 68000 on ebay)

jim s jws at jwsss.com
Mon Mar 30 18:46:23 CDT 2009

Charles H Dickman wrote:
> bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca wrote:
>> Richard wrote:
>>
>>> Spot on.
>> Well it was, for me until they made it so *money order* payments are
>> not possible.
>> And it is now slower than ever.!
>>
> A couple of years ago I gave away "free for the shipping" some RK05
> diskpacks. One person, I think a list member, insisted on paying with
> a money order. I didn't think anything of it. I thought it was better
> than a personal check. My small town bank treated it like toxic waste.
> I got a lecture from the teller about how it was probably bad and that
> if it was bad, I would be liable for all the penalties. The
> implication was that I was a counterfeiter and that they would
> prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. This from a woman that
> knew me and that lived a block away when I was growing up.
>
> It all went fine, but I am apprehensive about taking money orders. If
> my bank won't take it, I won't take it.

Use postal money orders, not ones you deposit at your bank.  limit is
$700 / order, but they can send several if need be.

I don't do international buyers (again sorry ben and Canada), so that
works for me.

I post in the description that I take money orders.  So far ebay has not
shut me down for it.

I also don't do auctions, but buy it now or best offer.  Cheaper, and
don't have to worry about selling something valuable for $1.00.
Jim