More broken Apples...

Angel Martin Alganza ama at ugr.es
Mon May 4 00:30:47 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 08:01:44PM -0700, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 3 May 2009 at 18:53, Josh Dersch wrote:
>
> > (Incidentally, where I used to work I knew several touch-typists who
> > swore by WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS.  Evidently they didn't find it
> > "clumsy" at all.  Then again, I found it an incredible pain to use...)
>
> WordStar is wired into my hands.  Even on *nix, I use Joe because of
> the WS keyboard mappings and "work-alikeness".

I loved working with both, WP 5.1 and WordStar.  I moved to Unix
totally and started using Joe, which I loved until I started learning
Vim (a hell to learn, maybe, but easy and fast once you understand its
way of functioning and change your mind).  Together with TeX for
processing documents (articles, books, letters, posters, slides) and R
for statistics, mathematics and graphics, is a beast.  I doubt I will
ever switch to a different editor.

Cheers,
Ángel